My rates are completely transparent. They include not only the writing itself but the understanding of key concepts such as your goals, target audience, brand voice, and SEO. All of my writing is completely original and based on as much high-quality research as possible. When comparing my rates to other writers, consider that you’re not just getting written words but also added value from:
- Different types of writing tailored to specific goals
- Advanced understanding of SEO
- Evidence-based CBD & cannabis expertise
- Engaging writing that builds trust
- A professional approach that saves you time and incorporates your feedback
CBD freelance writing rates and content pricing
My CBD freelance writing rates are based on the type and length of content you need. Different types and lengths of content require different levels of research, writing time, and collaboration, which is reflected in the pricing. I use this fixed-fee structure in most cases, so there are no hidden costs. About 80-90% of my work is articles and blog posts.
|Word Length / Content Type||Less than 250||250-500 (very short)||500-800 (short)||800-1200 (regular)||1200-1500 (long)||1500-1800 (Very long)|
|Articles, blog posts, press releases||N/A||$125||$160||$220||$260||$320|
|Detailed guides, reviews||N/A||$150||$200||$270||$335||$400|
|Website copy, product descriptions||$100||$150||$200||$270||$335||$400|
|Specialized assignments (e.g. third-party testing report)||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||$525||$620|
- All prices are in US dollars and can be billed in equivalent local currencies.
- Specialized assignments include third-party testing reports, white papers, and other detailed content that requires substantial research, editing, formatting, and collaboration.
- For Canadian clients, I also have to charge GST/HST based on the province that ranges from 5% to 15%.
- I may charge a percentage-based rush fee if your project needs to be done quickly (1-3 days) or I have to prioritize it over other assignments.
- I aim to write the most comprehensive content possible, so my articles are typically closer to the upper end of the range (e.g. 1100 words for an 800-1200 assignment). If I need to go over the word range to write the best possible article, I don’t charge you extra.
What’s included in the fixed-fee rates
- Two rounds of free revisions for every assignment
- Learning about your business, clients, products, services, and the intent of the written content
- Prompt communication and collaboration via email, Google Doc comments, and other ways
- Asking and answering questions when needed
- Following any reasonable instructions that you provide
- Creating original, SEO content and including your desired keywords
- Linking internally to your other relevant webpages and externally to other relevant, non-competitive sites (e.g. news or government sites)
- Citing published research studies when relevant
- Doing online research and using my deep understanding of the CBD/cannabis industry and scientific research
- Using a friendly, professional tone to educate and engage your readers
- Tailoring the content to your goals and the intended audience
- Formatting the writing with appropriate headings, lists, and short paragraphs to make it SEO-friendly and easy to read
- Delivering the work on time
Hourly charges not included in my fixed-fee rates
In some cases that don’t fit into my standard fee structure, I may charge an hourly rate. This includes meetings, reviewing or editing content, and other situations without a clear scope of work:
- $45/h for reviewing or editing your online content
- $60/h for meetings, consulting, and any other work not directly related to writing (Our initial consultation over email/phone/Zoom/Skype is free)
- $60/h for large projects without a clear scope (e.g. writing copy for an entire website or localizing content from US to UK English)
Other services not included in my fixed-fee rates
I also provide the following freelance services for a small additional fee:
- Supplying images: I can source images to add to an article. Freely sourced images are $15 per image; images from paid websites such as Shutterstock are $15 per image plus the cost of purchasing it.
- Extra revisions: The first two rounds of revisions are included in my fixed-fee rates. If you require more than two rounds of revisions or if they’re out of scope (e.g. if you were unclear about the instructions and I have to rewrite some or all of the article), then I will charge 10% of the original price per revision OR 50% if it’s a complete re-write.
- Posting content directly in WordPress: For an additional $30 fee (per article), I can log in to your WordPress site to format and publish the post directly (assuming I don’t need to do extra work such as adding info to plugins).
Invoicing for my CBD freelance writing services
The first time that we work together, I will ask for a deposit (25-100%, depending on the size of the project) before beginning the work. Once we know each other, I will invoice you after the assignment is completed and you’re happy with it, or at the end of each month if this is an ongoing project. You can pay by PayPal, Payoneer, EFT (Canada), check (Canada), or direct bank transfer.