Hey there! I’m Gleb Oleinik, a freelance SEO content writer from Vancouver, Canada specializing in cannabidiol (CBD), hemp, and medical cannabis. I started writing online in 2010 and became a full-time freelancer in 2015.
Since then, I’ve:
- Built WordPress websites that receive 300,000+ monthly views
- Worked with dozens of CBD & cannabis companies, dispensaries, and websites from all over the world
- Created popular educational articles about CBD, hemp, and the endocannabinoid system.
- Read thousands of cell culture, animal, and human research studies about various supplements, including CBD.
This experience gave me the insight and skills necessary to create evidence-based, engaging, search-engine-optimized content. I help CBD/cannabis businesses boost traffic, improve authority, and convert readers into customers.
I’ve written numerous articles about CBD and cannabis for major websites, including Cannigma, Daily CBD, Leafreport, American Marijuana, Bloom & Oil, and CBDNerds. I’ve also worked with CBD brands in the U.S., Canada, UK, and other countries.
I regularly use CBD in different forms (oil, capsules, topicals, vapes, gummies). I’m knowledgeable about CBD research, science, benefits, dosing, legality, product types, manufacturing, and other topics like cannabis, THC, minor cannabinoids, delta 8, hemp farming, and terpenes.
My writing is based on published medical research to ensure scientifically sound information backed by high-quality evidence. I’ve read over a thousand studies to date, allowing me to translate complex medical information into plain language to educate readers.
My goal as a writer is to encourage people to live happier lives by taking control of their health.
A Quick Timeline
- Began freelance writing in 2010
- Earned Associate’s Degree in Creative Writing (Kwantlen Polytechnic University) and Bachelor’s Degree (double major) in Geography and History (University of British Columbia)
- Worked for a year at the Canadian HIV Trials Network, a non-profit HIV research organization
- Switched to full-time freelance writing in 2015, specializing in dietary supplements
- Switched focus to CBD & cannabis in 2017
When I’m not writing, I spend my time trying out new supplements, reading, lifting heavy things, training MMA, hiking, meditating, traveling, and telling people how awesome intermittent fasting is (give it a try).
My must-have, research-backed supplement recommendations are vitamin D and fish oil for overall health, creatine for high-intensity exercise, theanine (with or without caffeine) for boosting cognitive function, and CBD for anxiety, sleep, pain, and inflammation.